Friday, August 9, 2013

William Morris

William Morris
+Image made here+

As I think of how often I bring home things that I don't need, I collect piles of junk, or I stare at an ugly pile of papers that need to be cleaned, I am convicted to live a simpler life. I am convicted to live a life that is a little more beautiful. 

The stuff that fills up my house is not what makes the walls and floors a home; the people and the memories and the prayers and the laughter and the food we shared is what makes my house a home. 

Every time I read this quote I am reminded to curate my belongings based on true need and true joy. Items that have no purpose or do not create a beautiful space are probably just wasting space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thank you for leaving a comment! Please keep in mind that this blog is a positive space, and that kindness and a welcoming, accepting attitude is imperative. :-)

Followers