Friday, September 13, 2013

Engaged!!

 -Before we headed out for what turned out to be the big date!-

This handsome guy proposed last Saturday night!!! I can hardly believe that I am engaged and that I now get to call Nathan my fiance.

Everyone keeps asking if we have set a date, but we have not. Right now we are both just enjoying this new stage of our lives. It is so fun to be engaged; it is so different from just dating!

Get ready for some posts about wedding planning! I am sure that before too long I will stop getting distracted by my engagement ring long enough to actually plan something! Ha!

I feel so blessed to have been given a man who loves Jesus and loves me. I have no doubts about beginning this journey with him, and we have really loved sharing our excitement with those around us.



And, since everyone asks, there will be a post about how the proposal went down. Hint hint: It was all kinds of romantic!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sydney!
    We've never met but you were a senior when I was a freshman at QV. My name is Grace and I wanted to congratulate you and Nathan on your engagement! I remember seeing you guys in the hallways and I thought you guys were a perfect couple!

    Best of luck with everything and I enjoy reading your Blog and seeing you on Tumblr! :)

    From, Grace (former QV freshman :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace,

      Thank you so much! You have no idea how much I loved reading your comment (in fact, I showed it to Nathan and it made him smile as well). I had no idea that anyone noticed us in the hallway. The community that has formed around us in light of our engagement has been such a blessing; thank you for being a part of that!

      I love that you read my blog-and check out my tumblr. Sometimes I feel like I am talking to myself on here haha! I also started following your blog! You should definitely look me up on Facebook if you ever feel like it!

      -Sydney

      Delete
    2. Well I don't have a Facebook yet. But when I do, I'll friend you! :) Thanks for your comment on my blog.

      Delete
  2. Awe congrats! What an exciting time!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thank you for leaving a comment! Please keep in mind that this blog is a positive space, and that kindness and a welcoming, accepting attitude is imperative. :-)

Followers